Live Drawing!  

Posted by Aj

The live drawing lesson was very exciting and frightening at the same time for me. I have never done a live drawing session before and was rather nervous of how I would do in class. To be honest hand drawing is not one of my strengths and whenever it comes to drawing things I try to push it aside. Nevertheless I took a chance and went to the lesson in the end.

I have to say that I really enjoyed the lesson as I could see with every drawing my skills were improving. Couple of the drawings I drew had  bad proportions but towards the end I found myself paying a lot more attention to the details and observing a lot more. Chris was very helpful as he gave me some really good advice and tips on drawing. Something he said which I found very interesting was that "its 30 % drawing and 70% looking".

I am now looking forward to more of the live drawing lessons, as i want to improve my skills in drawing further.

First



Second


Third


 Fourth



Now looking forward to the next set of challenges that await me :)

This entry was posted on Sunday 4 October 2009 at Sunday, October 04, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Hi AJ, You need to update your blog, although I enjoyed reading what you have there, I was left wanting to know about your portrait and your essay idea's. How are you going with Maya?

6 October 2009 at 10:56

Post a Comment